SondeHub

Tell us how we can improve this project
Thierry50

SondeHub

Post by Thierry50 »

hello everyone, Mirko quick question, is it possible to add and have a function that sends the tracking information of the probe to SondeHub ?, same as RDZsonde, that would be a good function, if however this is POSSIBLE of course, thank you
buttim

Re: SondeHub

Post by buttim »

Don't do that! I don't want Thierry to rob me of the sondes I'm tracking.
LOL!
Thierry50

Post by Thierry50 »

hahahahaha, too far from home, I am in Normandy (Fr) near Mont Saint Michel, we are chasing the M10 from Brittany and the RS41 from England, the Small TTGOs work well, and with SondeHub monitoring on the phone, this gives us a plus, especially in mobile.
LukePrior

Post by LukePrior »

Thierry50 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:42 pm hello everyone, Mirko quick question, is it possible to add and have a function that sends the tracking information of the probe to SondeHub ?, same as RDZsonde, that would be a good function, if however this is POSSIBLE of course, thank you
I helped add support for SondeHub to rdzTTGOsonde and we are nearing feature parity with ~30 live devices uploading at any time and processing ~150,000 packets a day. We had some issues as rdzTTGOsonde uses different decoders then auto_rx but I have confirmed with IZ4PNN that MySondyGO uses the same zilog decoders as auto_rx as that should not be a problem.

We upload directly from the ESP32 with rdzTTGOsonde but as only Bluetooth is used in MySondyGo SondeHub uploading would be added as an opt-in feature to the mobile application. The current API does not send the sonde datetime and/or frame which is vital for adding SondeHub support I have contacted IZ4PNN but they do not currently plan to add this so if you want to see this please encourage them :)

The other fields we need are currently sent through the API or are planned to be added with the next revision. The program is closed-source so I cannot work on adding support directly to the program and IZ4PNN does not currently plan to add support. The best approach would be to wait for an API update where all required fields are sent then we can focus on writing some code to convert that to SondeHub compatible packets which could then be added into the application.
Thierry50

Post by Thierry50 »

Hello and thank you Luke Prior, here is a clear and precise answer, (you helped me out the other day on RDZsonde with the M10s which do not display on SondeHub), I hope that this is also applicable on MysondyGo, I will wait wisely, thank you again bravo for your work.