reboot function

Tell us how we can improve this project
Thierry50

reboot function

Post by Thierry50 »

Hello, would it be possible to have a reboot function in the software options, my TTGO is placed in a plastic box under the seat of my car, so it is not very easy to use the button on the TTGO, the problem does not arise for the version that I use on foot in the fields, thank you
buttim

Re: reboot function

Post by buttim »

As a temporary solution you could send the o{re}o command to the Bluetooth serial. You need to exit the mysondygo app before opening the serial I think.
Beware of the case since the Re command resets the ttgo parameters to their default values.
Be sure to send a cr/lf line terminator.
You can use this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... h_terminal
Not sure why you would like to reset the device though...
Thierry50

Post by Thierry50 »

hello butin, thanks for the solution, but I don't want the original reset, my TTGO is put in a plastic box, with the + 5v and the antenna, all under the passenger seat of my car, sometimes I don't 'can't connect to the TTGO from the application, I force the reconnection but nothing to do, the only solution is the TTGO REBOOT button, that's why I would like if possible ?, to have a reboot function on the application, which for me I would avoid sinking under the seat, opening the box and pressing the button, especially at night, with this configuration and the assembly in the car, I decode the probes between 200 and 300km.
buttim

Post by buttim »

Not sure I understood. My solution does not require physical access to the board. It is via Bluetooth.
On the other hand, if you cannot connect to the TTGO there is no way of resetting it other than power cycling it or via the reset button.
Keep in mind that either the app or the TTGO seem to sometime enter some strange condition in which they cannot apparently connect.
Sometimes it can be solved switching Bluetooth off on the phone and then on again, then launching the app. Be sure to completely kill the app before doing so.
Thierry50

Post by Thierry50 »

yes exactly, that's it, TTGO on, I start the application and there no connection between the 2, I have to reboot the TTGO, with the one I use in the fields, there is no worries, I click on the button below, but for the one in the car (locked in a box) under the passenger seat, it becomes more complicated, it remains permanently in the car, connect to the antenna 1 / 4 wave, I will try with disconnecting the BT to see if that fixes the problem, thanks
buttim

Post by buttim »

I suspect the app logic for connecting to the TTGO is not perfect, so if turning BT off/on does not work it is still possible that the first method (remote reset command via generic BT serial app) will still work, although it might or not fix the situation. Let me know if you need help experimenting with that, either here or through PM
Thierry50

Post by Thierry50 »

thank you for your help, at the first use it's ok, but if I disconnect the application and I want to reconnect a little later it's finished, impossible to resume decoding or read the information, forcing to do a reboot
buttim

Post by buttim »

Did you try the "reconnect" menu item of the app?
Thierry50

Post by Thierry50 »

hello butin, yes several times, this is done when the TTGO decodes a probe, it is impossible to connect this during decoding or after, it is necessary to connect to the TTGO before decoding otherwise it becomes impossible after, I still had the worries this morning, the TTGO decoded the Brest probe and when I wanted to see on my phone impossible to connect to the TTGO, reboot compulsory
buttim

Post by buttim »

I tried right now but I could reconnect (to the same TTGO) even after receiving a sonde. Quite strange. It would be interesting to have a logcat of the app on the phone