App doesn't seem to pickup location

APP issues, fix
K6WW

App doesn't seem to pickup location

Post by K6WW »

Since I couldn't get TTGO and the app to connect on my Android 12 phone, I decided to try an old Android 6 phone...and it worked. This old phone doesn't have cell service, but Google Maps works fine. But MySondy doesn't seem to recognize my current location. Or is it just driven by the location of the Sonde? Thanks!
buttim

Re: App doesn't seem to pickup location

Post by buttim »

be sure to enable geolocation on the phone
Thierry50

Post by Thierry50 »

hello, you need a phone card to be able to receive google maps and use the gps position OR connection on a box at home
buttim

Post by buttim »

I don't think so. If you're connected to Wifi you will see the maps (which are from OpenStreetMaps, not Google). And the GPS will actually work regardless of SIM card or Wifi connectivity (if you enable geolocation obviously)
Thierry50

Post by Thierry50 »

I was right, the card can only be visible if you are connected to the WIFI of the box or with the network of the Telephone, but without a SIM card in the telephone, nor wifi, there is no visible card on the screen
buttim

Post by buttim »

Which card should be visible on the phone?
Thierry50

Post by Thierry50 »

Example the map of France is not visible if you do not have an internet connection (box or telephone) I tested on my tablet, and instead of the map the screen remains Gray
buttim

Post by buttim »

Of course: maps are downloaded when needed. That does not mean the GPS is not functioning! You could even go and find a sonde by using relative positions without the help of the map. It sometimes happens to me when sondes fall in obscure valleys nearby...