TTGO Disconnected

TTGO issues, solutions, mods
K6WW

TTGO Disconnected

Post by K6WW »

Hi there,

New ESP32-Paxcounter LoRa32 LoRa ESP-32 OLED 0.96 Inch Bluetooth WiFi Module (433MHz CH9102F) ordered via amazon.com. Installed firmware 2_30. Installed MySondy Go app on Samsung Galaxy S10.

1) When I first started the MySondy Go app it did not ask for authorization to use Bluetooth as stated in manual.
2) If I check Bluetooth devices there is no device listed for TTGO.
3) In the app, if I press the bidirectional arrows icon, the screen says TTGO Disconnected! Please turn ON your TTGO then press "CONNECT". Teh TTGO is on, so I press Connect, waiting for TTGO displays briefly, then the screen shows, "TTGO not connected."
4) If I press SET, the screen says, "TTGO disconnected"

How do I connect these two devices so that they "talk" to each other?

Thanks, Steve
PE1MIU

Re: TTGO Disconnected

Post by PE1MIU »

Keep on trying, sometimes it takes a few tries. It is normal behavior unfortunately. Start the connect en start the TTGO simultaneously to make a connection.
buttim

Post by buttim »

Some things to try:
Turn off BT on the phone, then on again
Restart the phone
Try to flash the device again and check everything went fine

MySondGO will not be able to connect to device unless you see it listed among the BT devices seen by the phone, so that's the first thing to check
K6WW

Post by K6WW »

Tried to re-flash. Getting error on attached screenshot. 5-chip refuse check fail.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
buttim

Post by buttim »

Try to lower the connection speed. Be sure to follow exactly the instructions. Double check everything
K6WW

Post by K6WW »

I successfully re-flashed. Am following instructions exactly. But it doesn't help that the screenshots do not match new interface AND upon resetting TTGO, there is no prompt to authorize access to Bluetooth, as stated in the instructions, and the unit never shows up in the Bluetooth device list. Have rescanned Bluetooth, toggled Bluetooth on/off on phone, reset TTGO, tried connecting, various combinations of powering up the TTGO and connecting, etc. Nada. Not sure if new version of firmware is at fault or there is a hardware issue.
K6WW

Post by K6WW »

OK...good news/bad news. I managed to dig out my old LG phone running Android 6.0. I was able to pair it successfully with the TTGO. So...it seems that there is an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S10 running Android 12. Please let me know if I can help with any testing/troubleshooting in the future fo this phone.
buttim

Post by buttim »

You can give a try to my app. It's in open testing right now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ovalasonda
Thierry50

Post by Thierry50 »

problem incompatible with android 12, works perfectly on android 6
buttim

Post by buttim »

Is Google Play saying that? Or did you have any problem installing it?