A few ideas for the user interface

Tell us how we can improve this project
buttim

A few ideas for the user interface

Post by buttim »

Well it may be just because of my age, but I really cannot read altitude. Text too small and low contrast. Still this datum is quite essential while hunting.
A nice touch would be some sound when the vertical velocity reaches zero (that is the sonde probably landed). A *bonk* would be fine, but that's just a matter of taste
IZ4PNN
Site Admin

Re: A few ideas for the user interface

Post by IZ4PNN »

Hi Buttim, thanks for your advice.
I add it to the to-do list.
Mirko Dalmonte (IZ4PNN)
MySondy Developers Team
sm6owj

Post by sm6owj »

Hi,

I agree that it is not entirely optimal design of how data is presented for hunting radiosondes in the field. When you get older, you need bigger fonts to be able to see. The static data such as frequency and serial number on the radiosonde are of minor importance during the hunt. The position of both the hunter and the radiosonde is presented in an excellent way.

I sent the proposal to be able to configure what is to be presented in large font.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the developers of the app for the work you have put into developing excellent and useful equipment for hunting. Thanks!

Link to a picture of what I mean it might look like.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YavSWZ ... ZOqzt/view

73 / SM6OWJ
IZ4PNN
Site Admin

Post by IZ4PNN »

Thanks SM6OWJ for your advice.
As always in software development, choices must also be made from a stylistic point of view.
MySondy GO was born to look for radiosonde on the field, already landed.
For this reason it was developed in this way.
Over time there have been different requests and everyone, rightly, started using MySondy GO also for tracking.
I have taken note of your idea and, as far as possible, I will try to implement it in a future version.
Mirko Dalmonte (IZ4PNN)
MySondy Developers Team
sm6owj

Post by sm6owj »

Thanks for the answer Mirko.

I understand that there is a lot to consider with design, and that there was a different idea with the app from the beginning.
Out of the box, it is still a fantastic app. Just what has been missing for chasing radiosondes in a simple way.
I have found several radiosondes in complete darkness, which would not have been possible without the app.

Hope it is somehow possible to implement some kind of "old man" mode with big fonts ;-)
And thanks for a brilliant tool for radiosonde hunting and all your efforts to make it great!

73 / SM6OWJ
TW100

Post by TW100 »

I find the app very good, mostly I use it on a 8 inch Samsung tablet, old eyes find this good.
I have not fitted a SIM card so teather the tablet to the phone for data,live mapping.

I tend to locate the near on the ground postion at home, then go out hunting,if possible go to high ground in the target area.
First I use a mag mount with 7 db antenna & usually get the fix,then put Sondy in back pack with small rubber antenna.
To be honest, once you have the on ground fix that is all you need.Go & locate it.

For home use a up & down arrow for height might be ok but no really needed.
Yes to larger text.

Thanks guys, some good ideas & thanks again Mirko for the APP.