Missing tune and freqofs commands in API doc

Developer discussions, new projects
buttim

Missing tune and freqofs commands in API doc

Post by buttim »

The subject says it all. I dumped what the ESP32 receives when i put the app in tune mode and I received tune+freqofs commands.
What should the ESP32 answer?
IZ4PNN
Site Admin

Re: Missing tune and freqofs commands in API doc

Post by IZ4PNN »

Hi Buttim,
The freqofs is in the API:
freqofs -> Set frequency correction (0)
The ttgo does not respond, it only save the new ofs.

The tune function it is used by the Android App that manages it completely, the firmware does not tune; some functions are not available to developers, they are only used to simplify the work of the Android App and require an algorithm that uses them (as for the missing "/" between frequency and type).
All usable functions are already present in the API and are useful for any functionality.
For example, the tune function could also be implemented without using the tune command.
Please don't expect to find everything you can find in bluetooth communication in the API.
The APIs contain useful information for developers.
Using the tune command would be useless without a specific algorithm capable of using it, so they are reserved commands.
Mirko Dalmonte (IZ4PNN)
MySondy Developers Team
buttim

Post by buttim »

IZ4PNN wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:26 am Using the tune command would be useless without a specific algorithm capable of using it, so they are reserved commands.
Of course. We are talking primitives here, not algorithms. But the primitives are what you need to implement algorithms.
I sincerely do not understand the reason for hiding part the information (which might be useful to developers depending on what they are actually doing).
Whatever; the commands are actually easy enough to understand. I was only reporting for you to be able to integrate the doc.
IZ4PNN
Site Admin

Post by IZ4PNN »

I was only reporting for you to be able to integrate the doc.
Yes of course, thanks buttim!
Mirko Dalmonte (IZ4PNN)
MySondy Developers Team