New kid in the block

Which devices, where to buy, prices
buttim

New kid in the block

Post by buttim »

Something that seems very interesting from Banggood, yet I'm not sure it will be compatible with MySondyGO. Did anyone have a go at it? Any opinion/sensation?

https://www.banggood.com/2Pcs-LILYGO-TT ... 71663.html
Thierry50

Re: New kid in the block

Post by Thierry50 »

hi, yes TTGO v1, I have 2 friends who bought them and that I reprogrammed, but they are not terrible, the réception is frankly not at the top, the TTGO v2.16 are much better
buttim

Post by buttim »

Thanks, Thierry. I was attracted by the box and battery included, not to mention the "vertical" form factor that seems a very good thing. But I won't compromise on reception quality, so better not spend that money
Thierry50

Post by Thierry50 »

the case is very fragile, the battery about 150mAh, the TTGO remains in operation 20 / 30mn max, no room to put a larger battery, really too expensive for small qualities, takes the TTGO v2.16 or the TTGO T Beam v1.1, I use the 2 and frankly it is the TOP, I hope to have enlightened you on your choice
buttim

Post by buttim »

Thanks for your advise. If I can add my two cents, I use both the v2.16 and the T-Beam v1.1 but the second seems quite a bit worse in reception quality. Might just be my units, though
Thierry50

Post by Thierry50 »

hello, actually I also noticed a slight improvement with the TTGO 2.16 compared to the T BEAM, it is a little less sensitive, I use the T BEAM with RDZsonde which gives me good results, I have the TTGO with mysondyGo and the T BEAM with RDZsonde, with the 2 I have a good team for hunting probes
IZ4PNN
Site Admin

Post by IZ4PNN »

Hi Thierry50,
even in our tests the T-Beam is a bit deaf .. some circuit solutions (perhaps GPS) create interference.
For maximum performance we recommend the ttgo 2.16
Mirko Dalmonte (IZ4PNN)
MySondy Developers Team
Thierry50

Post by Thierry50 »

hello mirko, yes the best remains v2.16, I decode the probes at more than 300km with mysondyGo and a 5cm antenna, I only added self-adhesive aluminum foil, this to increase the reception, and frankly it works very very well, for the T BEAM it is a little less sensitive, but I use it in the car with RDZ probe on a 1/4 wave antenna, satisfactory result, with the TTGO I receive the probes as well as on my SDR, see sometimes even better, that's for my experience.
Jasnosy

-

Post by Jasnosy »

Hi,

I have noticed in the passed that randomly settings will revert in the RV software, which can be extremely frustrating.
Am I right in thinking that settings and calibration are only saved permanently when RVplace is closed successfully?

Thank you