Waiting for TTGO..

APP issues, fix
core_c

Waiting for TTGO..

Post by core_c »

Hi there,

My app keeps displaying "Waiting for TTGO", but does not continue any further.
The bluetooth connection is established without any problem. I can also disconnect and connect again without any problem. Bluetooth seems to work normally.
But,.. the app does not fully continue, so can not use it. The TTGO keeps displaying its default radiosonde screen (404.600, RS41, No data, lat 0, lng 0).

I'm using:
Android 7.2.1
TTGO T3_1.6.1

Any help would be appreciated.
buttim

Re: Waiting for TTGO..

Post by buttim »

It happens sometimes. Did you pair the TTGO? It should not be necessary but it may help (or not).
Normally a mix of turn off/on the TTGO, exit the app and relaunch it fixes this issue.
Something else to try: turn off and on again after a few seconds the phone's Bluetooth.
For debugging purposes you may also install a BT-serial app on the phone. Try to connect from the app to the TTGO and see if you receive any traffic or nothing at all. I use this app.

Good luck!
core_c

Post by core_c »

Thanks for the reply.
I tried so much by now. I also checked the BT connection with the tool you mentioned. But still no luck..
Restart app, with or without BT connected. Enable BT before starting the app, or when the app is already running. Refresh the connection. Forget the connection and re-pair with the device. Wait short, wait long. eeeeer so many combinations i tried.

The BT connection is open, but as soon as i switch to the app, it disconnects.
I have just one Android phone to test with. I do have a very old one, but i guess the app will not run on that one (it has a super small screen, it's unpractical to work with anyway).

Some day i'll get it goin'
buttim

Post by buttim »

Bluetooth implementation in some phones is quite messy sadly. I'm too struggling to get my app work for some phones
Thierry50

Post by Thierry50 »

Hello, on my Samsung S21 (Android 13), no problems with the BT connection on MysondyGo and Trova la Sonda, both work perfectly on (Android 8 and 13)
Thierry50

Post by Thierry50 »

core_c, your problem may come from your TTGO and not from the phone?, have you tried another TTGO to see??
core_c

Post by core_c »

ATM. I have only one TTGO.
I tried my old Android phone, but that one is old; It doesn't even show the app listed in the Play-store (incompatible device).
buttim

Post by buttim »

which version of android?
core_c

Post by core_c »

Android 7.2.1

Meanwhile i've been experimenting with my TTGO board.
There are a bunch of different versions, with different pin assignments. It's a horror to find the specs of a perticular board. The board designers should be more consistent and not swap pins so often.. It would make me NOT choose the LilyGO-board for any further projects.
I mean, it is still fuzzy for me, to know if my own board has the Diox connections available, or not.. If i'd to connect a scope, i'd know for sure.

Maybe the MySondy creators can choose for a more modular hardware configuration (next time)? (an ESP module + SX127x module + OLED module + specific BlueTooth module + GPS? + younameit...).
That way, it's way easier to ever change a module, and still get it up-and-running. It is easier to test and debug. And most importantly: users have more chance it will work immediately with their personal configurations.
The LilyGO boards are fantastic (compact size, attached OLED, ESP+radio...),

I have the feeling, that if i had chosen a different LilyGO-board, it could have worked for me, right away.
If it is the BlueTooth alone that is causing my problem, i'd say: Creators, use the most basic BT functionality. It should be possible with any BT-generation-combination to bleep over a few bytes of data..

It is just so frustrating when it does not work. I would love to use MySondy. I want to catch a balloon (especially one with an ozone sensor). ;)
Thierry50

Post by Thierry50 »

hello, for my part I have no problems with Lilygo (TTGO or T-BEAM) whether with (Samsung S7 and S21) under android 8 or 13, MysondyGo or RDZsonde, BT or Wifi, everything works perfectly, you did you use what software to install MysondyGo on your TTGO??, you may have a Bug in your installation ???,