Trova la sonda: Android alternative app

buttim

Re: Trova la sonda: Android alternative app

Post by buttim »

radio2020 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:53 pm Hello buttim,
I noticed that there is no frame with the radio probe coordinates on the main screen. In my opinion, such information should be visible on the screen.
Sorry, I missed your message. When receiving a sonde you can show the coordinates by opening the menu. You can even copy the coordinates in the clipboard by clicking on them. See the help page for details
buttim

Post by buttim »

HB9BLA wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:08 pm I am just testing with a real Sonde. The prediction stopped when the balloon crossed 33000m. It resumed at about 32000m after burst. Unfortunately, the predictor still predicts a later burst. What I did when I used the prediction manually, I entered the burst altitude as the actual altitude after burst. This lead to a good prediction. So, when Vs is negative you have to change the values sent to the predictor.
Like that, the prediction is completely wrong towards the end of the journey, where it is most important.
I also would reduce the calls in the beginning to 5min. Then the changes are not so important and the number of calls would be reduced.
Below 20000m sinking you could go back to the minute rate…
This problem should be fixed in the last version
radio2020

Post by radio2020 »

buttim wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:02 pm
radio2020 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:53 pm Hello buttim,
I noticed that there is no frame with the radio probe coordinates on the main screen. In my opinion, such information should be visible on the screen.
Sorry, I missed your message. When receiving a sonde you can show the coordinates by opening the menu. You can even copy the coordinates in the clipboard by clicking on them. See the help page for details
And I'm sorry I missed the help icon in the menu. I'd like to use the tips.
radio2020

Post by radio2020 »

Hello, buttim,
I recently noticed that the application does not display the directions on the map during the radiosonde's flight and after it lands (no blue lines). I think this option was useful, I don't know why it's missing. Only the prediction line and the predicted landing location are visible.
buttim

Post by buttim »

My last update was quite a long ago, so it must be some other problem. Last time I checked, a few days ago, the navigation line was visible for me. Possible causes may be internet connectivity problems for your device or temporarily unavailable services from OpenStreet, which I rely upon.
Also, I don't think this is the right place to discuss such things. Better use the Google store messaging
radio2020

Post by radio2020 »

buttim wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:53 pm My last update was quite a long ago, so it must be some other problem. Last time I checked, a few days ago, the navigation line was visible for me. Possible causes may be internet connectivity problems for your device or temporarily unavailable services from OpenStreet, which I rely upon.
Also, I don't think this is the right place to discuss such things. Better use the Google store messaging
Hi,
The problem with your software was probably related to the system on my phone. I did a hard reset on the phone, but it didn't fix the problem. Finally, when I uploaded a new, alternative Android system, Trova la sonda started to work properly. Thank you for the amazing program and support.
Regards,
radio2020
buttim

Post by buttim »

Glad to hear that!