Trova la sonda: Android alternative app

buttim

Trova la sonda: Android alternative app

Post by buttim »

Hi everyone. Thanks to the MySondyGO API published by Mirko I was able to develop my own Android app. My motivation was my rather bad sight: I do have more than a few problems using the original MySondyGO app due to some small text, both on the map and in the info panel.

It's a bit crude at the moment, not surely as polished as the original. Quite complete and functional though. It even sports an automatic landing site prediction. This functionality uses the Tawhiri landing prediction API.

I decided to put the app in open test on the Play Store; here's the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ovalasonda
Obviously every bug report or suggestion is welcome, but I would remind you that we should not use Mirko's forum for such things.

The app is and will remain free and with no ads. I did not publish the source code, but I might do that if there's enough interest to give it a look or collaborate.
PE1MIU

Re: Trova la sonda: Android alternative app

Post by PE1MIU »

It looks great, finally the bluetooth pairing works flawless.
To interpret what to expect of the landingzone i use the descending speed. Could you make that visible too?

Keep up the good work!
buttim

Post by buttim »

I will in the near future. I don't want the interface to get cluttered but I reckon that's quite a useful info
radio2020

Post by radio2020 »

Hi buttim,
I installed your application from the Play Store. I have a problem though. When I click on the frequency to change its value, the application sends information about the end of the action and the application closes.

Edit: 03.10.2022
After the software update on October 3, in the Play Store, the function of changing the frequency is already working. Thank you for updating and adding new features. Good job.
Thierry50

Post by Thierry50 »

hello buttin, I tested the software, in probe settings the type of probe (RS41, M10 etc) much too dark, and to change the frequency not practical at all, numbers too small, just delete MHz to gain place, and be able to enlarge the figures, cdt

buttim

Post by buttim »

radio2020 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:47 pm Hi buttim,
I installed your application from the Play Store. I have a problem though. When I click on the frequency to change its value, the application sends information about the end of the action and the application closes.

Edit: 03.10.2022
After the software update on October 3, in the Play Store, the function of changing the frequency is already working. Thank you for updating and adding new features. Good job.
I corrected this problem today. You should update the app and the problem will be gone
buttim

Post by buttim »

Unluckily older version of Android do not allow the app to change the NumberPicker text size. This only happens if you have Android 9 and below.
This is how it looks on an Android 10. However I will try to find a solution to the problem
buttim

Post by buttim »

buttim wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:58 pm Unluckily older version of Android do not allow the app to change the NumberPicker text size. This only happens if you have Android 9 and below.
This is how it looks on an Android 10. However I will try to find a solution to the problem
I was wrong. Stay tuned for a new version soon! I just have to solve the sonde type background problem
radio2020

Post by radio2020 »

buttim wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:42 pm
buttim wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:58 pm Unluckily older version of Android do not allow the app to change the NumberPicker text size. This only happens if you have Android 9 and below.
I was wrong. Stay tuned for a new version soon! I just have to solve the sonde type background problem
This is very good news for owners of older devices. I also have one. Good luck.
buttim

Post by buttim »

I fixed both problems. In a couple of hours the new version should be available