Trova la sonda: Android alternative app

Thierry50

Re: Trova la sonda: Android alternative app

Post by Thierry50 »

buttim is already better, on the main screen, can you put a colored background (red white arrow) to better see the information instead of a transparent background as currently, a white background with black writing should be more visible I think, to be tested, cdt

radio2020

Post by radio2020 »

Hello buttim,
I noticed that there is no frame with the radio probe coordinates on the main screen. In my opinion, such information should be visible on the screen.
PE1MIU

Post by PE1MIU »

You are quick, great! The update solved my issues too.

I have a request, in the original app I always use the arrow that points to the direction of where the radiosonde is laying. Sometimes it is hard to orientate, than the arrow helps me a lot.
buttim

Post by buttim »

The arrow that represents the user gives you an idea of the heading. The direction to the radiosonde is marked by a red line (if I did understand what you actually meant)
PE1MIU

Post by PE1MIU »

In another topic I didn’t knew what it was and how to use, but during a live hunt I saw how to use it.
https://mysondy.altervista.org/Forum/vi ... 5&p=73#p73

In the MySondyGo app there is a small arrow around your own position that points to the position of the transmitting sonde. If you make a 360 degree turn, you get a point the little arrow points to the sonde. That’s the direction to walk to. If you’re standing in the middle of a cornfield or in the dark it is a great help.
LukePrior

Post by LukePrior »

Hi,

The URL in the original post does not seem to work for me.

It would be interesting to see if data uploading to external services (SondeHub, Radiosondy.info) could be implemented as a feature within the app.

If you decide to upload the source code I would like to have a look at it.
HB9BLA

Post by HB9BLA »

Just did a short test: Congratulations! It paired on my newer Andoid without any intervention, migrated all values and started to receive the Sonde immediately. Already more than I expected. Then using Google maps! Another excellent decision for my old eyes. Next: A landing point prediction. So far I was not able to test it. But it was a longtime wish.
Thank you very much for this marvelous app!
buttim

Post by buttim »

Actually it is openstreetmap, but thanks for your enthusiasm and nice comments. While testing be sure to tap on the (green) sonde ID for some other special effects :)
HB9BLA

Post by HB9BLA »

I am just testing with a real Sonde. The prediction stopped when the balloon crossed 33000m. It resumed at about 32000m after burst. Unfortunately, the predictor still predicts a later burst. What I did when I used the prediction manually, I entered the burst altitude as the actual altitude after burst. This lead to a good prediction. So, when Vs is negative you have to change the values sent to the predictor.
Like that, the prediction is completely wrong towards the end of the journey, where it is most important.
I also would reduce the calls in the beginning to 5min. Then the changes are not so important and the number of calls would be reduced.
Below 20000m sinking you could go back to the minute rate…
HB9BLA

Post by HB9BLA »

After a restart of the app it behaved as expected.